Oh!! these chains around me,
I'm tangled up in the limelight that surround me
No one understands the pain thts underground me,
all that matters is my performance on stage and how I astound thee.
I'm on the verge of you treating me like a GOD,
you jubilate me everywhr, you sing me on IPOD
I carry on coz your fad keeps fagging me,
But the drugs that keep me on stage, I'm sure will someday drown me
I share a space in your heart, thats the reason I top the charts,
you fight your parents you fight your love, you watch my show as if tomorrow I may not last
You breathe me, you admire me, you preach me like Moses of the past,
it's heavy, it makes me nervous, it's a burden which I fear will crumble me at last
Understand this I'm no Jesus but a GOD's gift like you,
I'll someday sore my throat and see my muscles shrink as every man do
So let me live a life, the one you always dreamt of never feeling blue,
let me walk the streets as a carefree beggar, the one you never dared to smell as if a filthy flu
You play my music when you wish to be alienated, when u wish to ply,
for a moment I whine your darkness, make you happy as if you know not how to cry
Someday you'll honor me everywhere, on your Tee shirt and on your kitchen ware,
that's exactly when I wish to die, coz that's when the legend Curt and Elvis said goodbye!!
The first line "Oh these chains around me", the only impediment in my riting a poem was ideated by Abhishek Chauhan, thanks :D
ReplyDeleteRest all was inspired from
a. the suicide note from Kurt, http://www.bipolar-lives.com/kurt-cobain-suicide-note.html
b. my feelings for the early demise of Kurt Cobain and Elvis Presley. I feel the number of songs they created is too low, had they lived longer it would have been simply great.
c. the drug addiction of pop stars which keeps them energetic on stage but ultimately leads them to their downfall.
d. the song Crawling from Linkin Park.
if this is the poem you were talking about...then a big YEAHHHH!! I understood it. and liked it also it's different with different theme...the world full of pretentiousness we live the way people want us to live do what the fashion says 'you rock dude!!' though we ourselves don't like even a bit of it but we do it for survival so do the rock stars they false portray their personalities to gain more and more fans and finally they feel entrapped. i read in some article about the burkha revolt in France by Sarkozy, where the muslim people said splecially the women that they like burka and to live burka for fad is more uncomfortable than to be in burka which is considered to be slavishness of women by several women's organization... so the thing is we don't live the way we want to, neither do we follow our hearts we only do what we find others appreciating
ReplyDeletewell let me comment on your writing style you wrote this poem in an amazing way beautiful thoughts...your emotions are rightly expressed...well done sweet poem...
ReplyDeleteyaar .. i didnt kno i was friends with a super pop star !! :O .... yeh kab hua ... u actually sound ur there! too good ... the vision of the poem is amazing .. u can picturise it so well .. and thats why i say u actually feel it ...
ReplyDeletejust 1 small advice... some lines are longer than d avg length .. editing 'em a bit will keep them in d same pace.. bt that is too minor ... Amamzing work!!
hmmmm gr8 yar....it was written by u...:P... bt seriously u 've done a gr8 job.And mind wat u said...."Barking dog seldom bite".....Nw i left a comment...Ab bolo......:P:P
ReplyDeletenice buddy.. its good... it goes with the flow of a song........ and yet simple and beauty !
ReplyDelete